The Medical Center of the Americas Foundation is putting out a call for abstracts and we invite all regional university students, researchers, professors, and others to submit their abstracts for the 2019 Annual MCA Poster Session.
Abstracts are being sought for new, ongoing, and updated research in the areas of:
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Devices
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Innovations for low resource settings
- Border Health
- Other areas of significant biomedical/tech research may be considered
- Special consideration will be made for posters that exhibit skill sets that would be of interest to tenants of the Cardwell Collaborative
- Due Date: April 26, 2019
- 500-word limit per abstract
- Posters should be no larger than 30x60 inches. Electronic posters will be accepted; display options are limited (PowerPoint file preferred)
- Posters should include at least the following elements
- Poster set up times will be provided to accepted abstracts
- Authors expected to be available to discuss their posters at the 2019 Annual MCA Poster Session event
- Four finalists will be chosen to present during the oral presentation portion of the event
- All accepted abstracts/posters will be submitted to a drawing for cash prizes
- MCA will promote the event to the regional scientific, academic, manufacturing and entrepreneurial community
- A committee of scientists, investors, doctors, and business professionals will review abstracts to select posters and presenter
Download the guidelines and requirements here!
All abstract submittals should be made via email and addressed to the MCA Workforce Coordinator Vianey Romo at email@example.com. For any further questions or concerns contact Vianey Romo as well.